Top Up feeds are a reality for many moms, but that doesn't mean that it needs to negatively impact your breastfeeding journey.
With our Supplemental Nursing System (SNS), you can administer supplemental nutrition to babies while they are being breastfed. This will enable you to continue breastfeeding and bonding with baby, while still stimulating your breasts and supporting your milk supply.
The SNS is intended to enable moms to breastfeed when they would otherwise be unable to do so, and help the baby improve their nursing behaviour. It offers the following advantages:
- It can be used by moms who have a low milk supply
- It helps to stimulate the mum’s milk supply through direct sucking at the breast
- It can be used when there is a requirement for supplements in addition to breast milk
- It trains the baby to nurse properly while supporting the sucking reflex
- It can prevent you falling into the vicious cycle of top up feeds- bottle feeding - less supply - more top up feeds.
The Supplemental Nursing System consists of a container that is filled with supplemental nutrition. It can then be placed on the mum’s chest, over her shoulder or on a table next to her. The thin, flexible tube (2 included) are fixes on the moms nipples with the plaster tape (included). These tube release additional milk as baby nurses.
Lastly, a roller flow control clamp helps you to control the flow from the SNS to baby.